Pages

Monday, 10 July 2017

What's in My Makeup Bag?

Makeup can only make you look pretty on the outside, but it doesn't help if you're ugly on the inside, unless you eat the makeup" - Audrey Hepburn

I suppose you could call me a "late bloomer" in terms of the makeup thing. The only reason I started wearing makeup was because of the lovely and very influential 'Zoella' or Zoe Sugg as she's formally known. Before then, I was a spotty fourteen year old who thought lipsticks were more functional as highly pigmented Crayola's.

My first piece of makeup was from a magazine, a cheap unlabelled bottle of clumpy mascara, that probably could have given me a strong form of conjunctivitis. I suppose as teenagers we all have to face a phase of patchy makeup and hair mascara. My personal favourite, as a child would have to be the Girls World makeup set that was purposely purchased for you just to influence you into being outright feminine.

Today, as a seventeen year old, I could never imagine myself leaving the house without mascara and concealer to hide my imperfections. I suppose you could argue that makeup is a negative thing which influences women to hide themselves under three layers of Rimmel Full Coverage Foundation. However, I like to think makeup allows me to feel empowered and confident in a society that demands perfection.

But of course, over the years my skills and choice of makeup vastly improved knowing about the in's and out's of the makeup industry. I guess you could call me more of a high-street makeup shopper rather than a high-end connoisseur because after all, I am a student who spends more money on textbooks than the weekly shop.

I have some extreme essentials and must haves that must be included in my makeup bag otherwise, I will look tired and down trodden. I suppose you could call these the bare essentials of my makeup bag.

To be able to demonstrate what my desired look is for a usual day, I suppose I should insert a photo and from this in turn ,I suppose you can see the quality of the products I'm about to talk about.



Let's Begin...

In the words of Maria Von Trapp "Let's start from the very beginning a very good place to start..."
My first Bare Essential is of course the foundation, I understand many girls somehow find the time to go all the way and decide to use primers and all kinds of moisturisers but to be honest...

Inserting GIF shows my high quality technical skills coming in handy!

However, I tend to use a basic moisturiser that's probably around the £2 mark, just to hydrate my skin in the morning and get ready for the day ahead. Through using a moisturiser you can definitely see the difference on the way your makeup sits on the skin and makes it all the better.

My first key product has to be my Maybelline ' Fit Me! ' Foundation in shade 100/102. I turn out to be quite a pale shade in most foundations and being a pale shade is always risky. You can either turn out to look like a Geisha girl or a cast member of The Only Way is Essex. There's no in between.


I cannot speak highly enough of this foundation because It is truly amazing! It does give a full coverage and is very light when applied to the skin, allowing it not to show pores and thus not being of a cakey consistency. I'm very impressed considering I've tried so many high-street products, including both Rimmel and Collection Foundations. Considering I suffer from oily skin most of the time, it has the most long lasting wear I've ever experienced. I do not tend to use a concealer because the foundation gives really good coverage under my eyes and my dark circles are no more!

However, there is one negative issue with this foundation. The fact that it comes in the form of a 'squeezy' bottle, I find it extremely annoying and a very messy process. One thing I would ask of this foundation is to come in a pump bottle form to save my clumsiness from becoming a problem.



My next 'Must have' has to be the Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder, I usually use this in shade 004 "Sandstorm". I just use this to keep my foundation in place for the day and I find it very good in perfecting my base look. This also allows for a 'sun-kissed' effect which I love because I use a shade one shade darker than usual. It just sets my makeup perfectly and makes my skin look flawless. Definitely would recommend to first time makeup users! Affordability is key in my opinion, especially when you may not be able to afford high-end products such as MAC and NARS products.



On to the next item on my list: The Make Me Up: Too Nude Eyeshadow Palette. I tried to find a link for this one but because it its a dupe product it doesn't have a website or places you can buy it online which is extremely strange for a product like this. In terms of similarity, the most similar to this product that I have used, has to be the W7 Lightly Toasted Eyeshadow Palette. If you are a sucker for a neutral shades selection then these are the palettes for you. My go to look for the Too Nude Palette has to be a neutral shade with a shimmer. So I tend to use the shade "Nutmeg" all over the lid while blending into the crease. I then either use the shades "Rose Gold" or "Copper" in the middle of the lid to blend outwards.




I must say I truly love this palette because of it's range of nude shades. I think a nude shade palette is extremely important when using on a daily basis and is perfect for beginners who may be a bit scared to go for the brighter shades such as pinks and blues. Like I always say, less is more, hence why I usually use a neutral shade eyeshadow palette.

On to Lip Products...

I don't usually tend to use bright lip products because in all honesty, they scare the s*** out of me.
I love a nude lip, but because I'm one of those girls who deals with the hell of dry lips, I usually use lip glosses to stop the humiliation of a cracked lipstick.


 The products I tend to use most are the New Look Pure Colour Matte Lip Colours in the shade previously known as "Mink" but now is simply renamed "Nude Pink". I have these shades in a Matte Liquid Lipstick and a lip gloss. I just simply apply the lipstick onto a bare lip and then to finish apply the lip gloss for that extra shine. I only have one problem with the Liquid Lip Colour, that is, that because of it's high colour pigmentation it is extremely hard to remove from the lip due to its extra stay long wear. I love this shade because it's natural but then again, adds more colour to my final look. I stay in the safe zone when choosing lip products, normally shades that best match my natural lip colour so then I don't stray away into crazy colours which quite frankly, I cannot pull off.

So, that's what's in my makeup bag ( Well, the 'what I call' essentials anyway) I do believe that having a basic set of makeup products really does make it easier to decide what to wear on a daily basis rather than having tonnes and tonnes to choose from. Maybe I'm saying that because I'm ever so indecisive but it works for me!

I do hope you've enjoyed this post! Feel free to leave any comments!
QOTD: What are your "Must haves" in your makeup collection?
I would love to know to be able to give some new products a try :)

Thanks Guys!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment