Pages

Monday, 31 July 2017

Room Tour

" Dysania (noun) - The state of finding it hard to get out of bed in the morning"


I feel like a bedroom as a teenager is an important place, not only as a way to design it yourself and express yourself creatively, but to also have a space in which you can relax and unwind, forgetting about the stresses of modern teenage life.

I thought it would be a good idea to do a post on my individual space to perhaps to give those of you who are looking for some inspiration to re-design or "jazz-up" your current space. So, I'm going to talk through some of the main items that I have filled my room with to maybe try and give you readers a little bit of insight into my living space.

Just a warning, my bedroom isn't filled with the most expensive items, but is more of a high-street find wonderland. For any of you that find any of my items interesting, I will leave links so you can go and check it out!

For a very long time I didn't get the chance to redecorate my room because of certain reasons, and was living in the world of a seven year old at the age of fourteen which wasn't exactly practical for sleepovers etc.

Now, I've redecorated and have slowly added little trinkets to be able to call my bedroom my own and I AM IN LOVE... if I do say so myself.



£15.00

I found this duvet cover in the homeware section of Asda, and I have to say, I really love it! I think it very much gives of a Kath Kidston vibe with vintage floral patterns being part of the main design. It has a reversible cover, so if you are like me, you will want a change every once in a while. The reverse side can be seen to have a sunflower pattern which screams summer vibes. So, to accompany this duvet cover, I also bought a coral/peach colour bedsheet to contrast the colours! I am a huge fan of new bed sheets!


£12.99


My obsession with the 1950's/60's Hollywood star Audrey Hepburn probably reached another level once I discovered this beautiful wallpaper. This wallpaper has been designed with various pictures of the press shots from her most famous movie Breakfast at Tiffany's. I bought this paper because I saw potential in it to become the perfect feature wall wallpaper and definitely gives my bedroom a modern/vintage vibe. Audrey Hepburn definitely does ooze the modern vibe that I love and I'm in love with this wallpaper. I decided that a black and white wallpaper would be perfect to glam up with other decorative items.

£12.99


To continue with my Audrey Hepburn obsession, I received this wall clock as a gift from a friend who I had made aware of my unhealthy obsession with Audrey Hepburn. I won't lie to you, but I only use this clock purely for decorative purposes because the noise that this clock makes Its absolutely deafening at 11pm in the night! It definitely gives an elegant finishing touch to my room
 which I love.

£19.75


I actually got this from a car boot sale, however, I have linked something very similar for you guys to take a look at. I thought that this canvas would look amazing on my walls because of the vibe I wanted to add to when decorating my room. Black and white things really do work for me!

£12 per shelf


For a very long time I have been waiting to put up some shelves because of my overwhelmingly large pile of books accumulating over time, but now I can sleep peacefully knowing that all my literature is in order. I chose the grey oak to complement the lilac coloured walls and to also complement the wallpaper! I think that the shelves are an extremely reasonable, but as I always say, "as long as you use it, it's worth it".

A room tour has been a blog post I've been wanting to do for a very long time! I hope you've enjoyed!!

Thanks Guys!











No comments:

Post a Comment